I hope you all enjoyed this gorgeous first day of October! We have lots of good stuff happening this week! See below for the details.
Week of Respect
The Week of Respect starts tomorrow, October 2nd. Please see Mr. Famularo’s Sunday email for the daily spirit wear schedule.
This month’s PTO meeting will take place on Wednesday, October 4th, at 7:00pm in the MPR. We’ll be voting on the budget, providing info on Theme Day and more!
September meeting minutes can be found here
Custom Coolidge Jibbitz are now available for $5 each. Pickup and payment info will be sent out via email on Monday evening.
Magma Math Presentation
Bagel Lunch Volunteers
Bagel Lunch ordering has closed and fall service is underway. Volunteer support will be needed starting next Monday, October 9th. Be on the lookout for a sign up this week. If you have any questions about bagel lunch, please contact the co-chairs Alysha Johnson and Liz Walker at email@example.com
It’s Book Fair Time!
The Scholastic Book Fair is taking place this week in the MPR! On October 4th and 5th, students can shop with their homerooms during the school day. Parents will have an opportunity to shop with their children during evening hours on October 4th, from 6:00pm – 8:00pm. The book fair sale and PTO meeting will run concurrently, so you can shop for books and stop by the meeting too!
More information can be found on our dedicated Scholastic Book Fair site.
Many thanks to the parent volunteers who are jumping in to help make the Book Fair a success! We only need a few more people to come lend a hand. See the online Sign Up Here
Green Team Update – Walk to School Day
Our first school-wide Green Team event is:
Coolidge’s Annual Walk to School Day on Wednesday, October 4th.
- Get some fresh air and leave your car behind!
- Walk or bike to school to get some exercise and reduce traffic and air pollution!
- Students will be happily greeted by the Cougar and some music upon their arrival on this fun kick-off to the school day!
- Fun Idea: Reach out to your friends and neighbors to create a “Walking School Bus” from your neighborhood. Don’t forget about friends that live too far to walk, invite them to be dropped off at your house so they can walk too. Thank you for joining the fun and for being mindful of reducing traffic and air pollution
Parents Night Out!
Tickets are available for the PTO Parents Night Out taking place on Saturday, October 14th at the Midland Park Social Hall from 6:00pm – 10:00pm! Visit the Parents Night Out Website for more info, to get your tickets, and to sign up for a volunteer timeslot.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Christina DeGennaro and Nicole Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Economy Shop
The Economy Shop volunteer sign-up is LIVE!
Sign up by clicking the link below. Coolidge week is Tuesday, October 17 to Saturday, October 21. Morning (9:45 – 12:00) or afternoon (11:45 – 2:00) shifts are available, as well as evening shifts on Thursdays (6:45 – 9:00 pm). Last year the Economy shop donated $10,500 to Coolidge. That’s a chunk of change YOU can help Coolidge earn by volunteering. Please reach out to Ashley Mungiello if you have any questions.
Coolidge is a Box Tops School! Since Coolidge began participating in Box Tops we have earned over $11,000 for the school!
Here are some important reminders and updates about the program.
– If you haven’t joined Box Tops yet, now’s the time. Download the BoxTops app and use referral code OPH57EHN help us get even more money for Coolidge. This week, when you use the PTO referral code and scan your first receipt, you will earn additional money for our school! Don’t forget to share your personal referral code with friends and family. Their purchases will help Coolidge too!
– No more cutting required! Simply download the BoxTops app and scan your store receipts to earn money for Coolidge. So easy!
– Digital receipts are now accepted. When you’re in the app, hit the “+” button labeled “Scan” at the bottom of the home screen. Select “Digital Receipt” from the list. Choose the retailer and follow the prompts.
Create your custom labels, clothing labels, everyday labels and more.
Name Bubbles will ship your order quickly and donate 20% of the total back to the Coolidge PTO.
This is the Coolidge PTO Fundraising page link.
Our personal pto reference code is rfsn=7533508.5d0c3c
Important October Dates
October 4th – Walk/Bike to School Day and
PTO Meeting at 7pm in the MPR
October 4th and 5th – Scholastic Book Fair (evening shopping hours from 6-8pm)
October 14th – Coolidge Parents Night Out
October 16th – School Picture Day
October 20th – Harvest Festival (rain date October 27th)
October 31 – Halloween Parade 2:30pm